Royal Marsh Harbour Yacht Club Privacy Statement
The Royal Marsh Harbor Yacht Club takes privacy seriously. Please read this policy to learn more. We also encourage you to read the practical tips that the federal government and technology industry have developed to help you guard against Internet fraud, secure your computer and protect your personal information. These tips are available at http://onguardonline.gov/.
This privacy statement describes the personal information that the Royal Marsh Harbour Yacht Club collects, and the ways in which the Club uses that information. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
Personal information collection
The Royal Marsh Harbour Yacht Club may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
Information that you provide for the purpose of enrolling as a member including name, e-mail address, and mailing address, boat name or phone number.
- For those who agree to pay dues or buy regalia online, credit card and bank account. information may be passed through the RMHYC web-site for processing only and will not be stored.
- Information about your use of this website.
- Any other personal information that you send to the Royal Marsh Harbour Yacht Club.
Using personal information
The Royal Marsh Harbour Yacht Club may use your personal information for the following:
Improve RMHYC web-site.
- Administer RMHYC website.
- Enable your access to and use of RMHYC website services.
- Publish a membership roster on the RMHYC website.
- Send to you products that you purchase.
- Supply to you services that you purchase
- Send to you statements and invoices.
- Collect payments from you.
- Send you communications relating to the Royal Marsh Harbour Yacht Club.
Securing your data
The Royal Marsh Harbour Yacht Club secures data as follows:
Limiting access to personal information about you to Club officials in order to fulfill their Club responsibilities, employees, contractors and vendors who we believe reasonably need that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- Providing physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you.
- For those who agree to pay dues or buy regalia online, transactions will be via a secured link (https) and financial information would not be stored. Those preferring to pay via credit card would be governed by that credit card’s policies. RMHYC data is for the exclusive use of its members in good standing and others as specified in this policy
- Managing “cookies"
- The Club may set and access Royal Marsh Harbor “cookies” on your computer for the purpose mentioned above.
- User will be given the possibility of denying the storing of cookies.
- Advertisers or other companies do not have access to Royal Marsh Harbour Yacht Club cookies.
- RMHYC website contains links to other websites. The Club is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party. Information Sharing The Royal Marsh Harbour Yacht Club has adopted the following policies
- We will not publish personal information unless you agree to the publication of this information.
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
- The Club may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Information from the Royal Marsh Harbour Yacht Club
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving information that is being addressed to the general membership such as newsletters you may do so.
The Royal Marsh Harbor Yacht Club does not approve of access to the member’s only section of the website to people under the age of 18.
Updating this statement
This policy only applies to the Royal Marsh Harbour Yacht Club
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that the Royal Marsh Harbour Yacht Club does not own or control or to people that the Royal Marsh Harbour Yacht Club does not employ or manage.
Last Updated: Summer 2012